Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHHC) is looking to hire a motivated Substitute Educator for our after-school (K-6) Education Program at the Dahlia Court and Casas de las Flores learning centers in Carpinteria, CA.
PSHHC is a non-profit organization that manages over 1,600 affordable rental housing units and provides clinical case management and education programs to residents living on these properties of the Central Coast.
This position is part time (***on-call, as needed***).
• Help implement program objectives and goals to meet the needs of the targeted population
• Support child education based on grade level, schools attended and subjects needing assistance
• Help schedule enhancement program daily tutoring activities
• Help maintain, update and/or create student progress files
• Help monitor participant progress in conjunction with the Educator
• Attend meetings with Regional Coordinator to monitor progress and help refine and create program
• Perform other duties as required by the Regional Coordinator
• Bilingual in English/Spanish required
• 2 years of study at a higher institute, an AA degree or have passed substitute teacher test
• Demonstrated ability to work well with children in an educational setting
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Culturally sensitive to the target population
• Ability to work well with other Educators, department leadership, and volunteers
• Ability to lead groups of students in different activities: crafts, enrichment activities, or P.E.
• Ability to tutor students, grade K-12, in all subjects
• Experience working with special needs children desired
• Must successfully complete the DOJ fingerprint testing and show proof of TB clearance
• Must be First Aid and CPR certified
• Must meet the minimum qualifications for an instructional aide, pursuant to policies of the school district by having a teaching credential or passing the district Instructional Assistant Test
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html