Senior Construction Manager
Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHHC) is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Senior Construction Manager to join our Construction Department, overseeing the success of ongoing multifamily residential affordable housing projects and rehabilitations from start to completion.
PSHHC is a non-profit organization that manages over 1,600 affordable rental housing units and provides clinical case management to residents living on these properties of the Central Coast.
This is a full time, salaried position (40 hours per week, 5 days per week).
• Review and process submittals
• Develop and review scopes of work
• Provide input and support the budgeting and estimating process
• Design and implement project plans
• Prepare project status reports and ensures plans adhere to contract specifications
• Work closely with the project team to ensure projects are within schedule and budget
• Participate in value engineering sessions to suggest modifications for cost reduction
• Resolve and/or escalate issues through coordination with other departments
• Support and participate in scheduling
• Drive construction schedule and ensure subcontractor work scopes and budgets are met
• Coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationship with neighboring occupants
• Review subcontractor submittals, invoices and payment applications
• Perform project close-out promptly and professionally
• Ability to direct assistant PM’s, superintendents and miscellaneous field personnel
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
• Fundamental understanding of LEED and Green Point Rating
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
• Ability to effectively participate in a team environment
• Excellent listening and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong work ethic and a “can-do” approach to their work
• Experience in ground-up commercial, multi-family and mixed development construction
• Experience and proficiency in MS Office, project management software (Procore, P6 or MS Project)
• 10 years of Construction-based project management experience, with increasing oversight/responsibility
• Bachelors in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management/Engineering or related field.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to bend and squat for short periods of time, light lifting (paperwork/files), driving to construction site locations.
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html