Roving Apartment Property Manager
The Duncan Group is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Roving Property Manager to support our properties in the northern Santa Barbara County area (Santa Maria to Goleta), located on the beautiful California Central Coast.
The Duncan Group provides professional property management services to Peoples' Self-Help Housing and other Central Coast affordable housing providers. It is one of the largest property management companies on the Central Coast and offers a supportive and rewarding work environment for its employees.
This is a full time position (40 hours/week).
• Provide assistance at our larger sites and/or fill in during site manager absences.
• All duties related to processing tenant applications:
• Annually re-certify tenants as well as reinforcing lease, addendums, house rules, etc.
• Review and prepare for audits
• Assign tasks, review and approve time cards for the key holders
• Collect rents and maintain tenant and unit files in accordance with regulations and in a timely manner
• Perform move-in inspections with tenants
• Review lease and house rules and with the new tenants and instruct on the use of appliances, etc.
• Perform move-out inspections with Portfolio Manager and/or Maintenance Manager
• Arrange for re-keying of front door locks
• Process security deposit refunds in a timely manner
• Process repairs quickly to ensure the unit can be re-rented as soon as possible
• Assist with periodic inspections
• Process accounts payable on a weekly basis
• Attend training classes and seminars to stay current with appropriate property required certification
• Prepare various weekly and monthly reports as required
• Work within the approved operating budget
• Process work orders by notifying maintenance staff or an outside provider of needed repairs
• Track preventive maintenance and process purchase requests and approval forms
• Check community areas and shared spaces for cleanliness and safety on a daily basis
• Maintain control of keys for apartments and common areas and assist tenants with lockouts
• Assist tenants in organizing regular cultural and national celebrations
• Maintain the community room calendar, if applicable
• Help to coordinate, through department collaboration, self-sufficiency tenant programs and activities
• Be prepared for emergencies with mapping of gas shutoff valves, water, escape routes, etc.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Must be outgoing, relate and work well with tenants
• Must be be highly organized and have excellent communication skills
• Affordable property management experience preferred (USDA, TCAC, HOME and/or HUD)
• Must be tax credit certified or have the ability to achieve certification
• Excellent computer skills a must and experience working
• YARDI property management software highly desirable
• Candidates must have access to a reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and valid CA driver’s license
• Light lifting, walking and the ability to bend/squat for short periods of time
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html