Peoples' Self-Help Housing is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Property Manager to support and oversee a (75 unit, USDA/Tax Credit) multi-family apartment complex in Santa Barbara, CA, located on the beautiful California Central Coast.
PSHHC is a non-profit organization that manages over 1,600 affordable rental housing units and provides clinical case management to residents living on these properties of the Central Coast.
This is a full time position (40 hours/week).
Part of this position's compensation includes a 2-bedroom apartment onsite at the property, no smoking or pets allowed (St. Vincent Apartments).
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
• All duties related to processing tenant applications:
• Annually re-certify tenants as well as reinforcing lease, addendums, house rules, etc.
• Review and prepare for audits
• Assign tasks, review and approve time cards for the key holders
• Collect rents and maintain tenant and unit files in accordance with regulations and in a timely manner
• Perform move-in inspections with tenants
• Review lease and house rules and with the new tenants and instruct on the use of appliances, etc.
• Perform move-out inspections with Portfolio Manager and/or Maintenance Manager
• Arrange for re-keying of front door locks
• Process security deposit refunds in a timely manner
• Process repairs quickly to ensure the unit can be re-rented as soon as possible
• Assist with periodic inspections
• Process accounts payable on a weekly basis
• Attend training classes and seminars to stay current with appropriate property required certification
• Prepare various weekly and monthly reports as required
• Work within the approved operating budget
• Process work orders by notifying maintenance staff or an outside provider of needed repairs
• Track preventive maintenance and process purchase requests and approval forms
• Check community areas and shared spaces for cleanliness and safety on a daily basis
• Maintain control of keys for apartments and common areas and assist tenants with lockouts
• Assist tenants in organizing regular cultural and national celebrations
• Maintain the community room calendar, if applicable
• Help to coordinate, through department collaboration, self-sufficiency tenant programs and activities
• Be prepared for emergencies with mapping of gas shutoff valves, water, escape routes, etc.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Must live on-site at the property location in a company-provided unit
• Must be outgoing, relate and work well with tenants
• Must be be highly organized and have excellent communication skills
• Affordable property management experience preferred (USDA, TCAC, HOME and/or HUD)
• Must be tax credit certified or have the ability to achieve certification
• Excellent computer skills a must and experience working
• YARDI property management software highly desirable
• Candidates must have access to a reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and valid CA driver’s license
• Light lifting, walking and the ability to bend/squat for short periods of time
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html