Peoples' Self-Help Housing (PSHH) is looking to hire a motivated Maintenance Technician to support property sites in the Lompoc/Santa Maria area, located on the beautiful California Central Coast.
PSHH provides professional property management services to Peoples' Self-Help Housing and other Central Coast affordable housing providers. It is one of the largest property management companies on the Central Coast and offers a supportive and rewarding work environment for its employees.
This is a full time position (40 hours/week).
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
• Walk the interior and exterior sidewalks daily, removing debris and washing exterior as needed
• Clean, paint or repair based on submitted work-orders or if requested by Maintenance Supervisor
• In coordination with Maintenance Supervisor, schedule repairs with outside vendors
• Prepare vacant units for move-in within five days of vacancy
• Notify gardening staff or outside vendors of damage to landscaping or sprinkler system
• Review all repair orders on a daily basis, determining if item is under warranty or tenant is responsible
• Order required parts and/or contact manufacturer or contractor for corrections/replacements
• Ensure community room (floors, restrooms, kitchen area) is clean.
• Complete periodic inspection of units in coordination with Regional Facilities Manager
• Be present at move-out inspections and prepare inspection reports as requested
• Provide preventative maintenance to plumbing, HVAC, electrical systems, fire extinguishers, etc.
• Notify Property Manager of any tenant violations
• Clean trash areas and ensure gates to these areas are closed
• Ensure rain gutters are free of debris
• Repair washers/dryers as required or notify Property Manager to call for service
• Repair/change locks and manage tenant lockouts
• Unlock/lock driveway gates per approved schedule, if applicable
• Work within the approved budget for each site
• Other tasks as assigned by management
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desired
• Strong janitorial, painting, appliance repair and carpentry skills
• 1-2 years of similar work experience
• Good people skills
• Must be proactive and a self-starter
• Basic electrical and plumbing skills
• 2 years apartment maintenance experience preferred
• Candidates must have access to a reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and valid CA driver’s license
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, stand/walk 7-8 hours/day, bend, squat, and reach
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html