Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHHC) is looking to hire a motivated Lead Educator for our after-school (K-6) Education Program at the Casas de los Carneros learning center in Goleta, CA.
PSHHC is a non-profit organization that manages over 1,600 affordable rental housing units and provides clinical case management and education programs to residents living on these properties of the Central Coast.
This position is part time (20 hours/week).
• Plans and implements after school program consisting of physical education and enrichment activities, as well as subject tutoring and homework assistance.
• Works with students in grades K through 8.
• Serves as the primary program contact for their education site location.
• Regularly communicates with parents, students, partner organizations and property staff.
• Inputs data daily and weekly, as well as submits monthly reports.< br /> • Performs office work: phone, email, copying, filing, scanning, organizing, etc.
• Monthly and quarterly meetings and trainings with other educators and supervisors.
• Recruits, trains and supervises volunteers.
• Plans and implements quarterly parent education meetings and events.
• Fluent in English (verbal and in writing).
• Can effectively manage large groups of children.
• Works productively both independently and in team environments.
• Ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
• Ability to manage confidential information in a sensitive manner.
• Ability to maintain cultural sensitivity when working with the public and our staff.
• 1 year’s experience teaching or tutoring grades K through 12, groups of 15+ preferred
• Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s Degree/CBEST preferred.
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have access to a dependable automobile and/or means of reliable transportation.
• Must successfully complete the DOJ fingerprint testing and show proof of TB clearance
• Must be First Aid and CPR certified
• Must meet the minimum qualifications for an instructional aide, pursuant to policies of the school district by having a teaching credential or passing the district Instructional Assistant Test
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html