Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHH) is looking to hire a motivated Substitute Educator for our after-school (K-6) Education Program. This position is considered a floater position, where you would help substitute at different Learning Centers as needed for the designated area.
With a mission to build affordable homes, with site-based services that offer opportunities to change lives and strengthen communities, Peoples’ Self-Help Housing is the largest nonprofit developer on California’s Central Coast. We serve low income working families, farmworkers, seniors and veterans and provide welcoming environments for those living with disabilities and for the formerly homeless. Along with building and managing beautiful and accessible neighborhoods in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties, we offer a broad array of programs to promote health, education and connections to community-based resources.
This position is part time (***on-call, as needed***).
• Help implement program objectives and goals to meet the needs of the targeted population
• Support child education based on grade level, schools attended and subjects needing assistance
• Help schedule enhancement program daily tutoring activities
• Help maintain, update and/or create student progress files
• Help monitor participant progress in conjunction with the Educator
• Attend meetings with Regional Coordinator to monitor progress and help refine and create program
• Perform other duties as required by the Regional Coordinator
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
• 2 years of study at a higher institute, an AA degree or have passed substitute teacher test
• Demonstrated ability to work well with children in an educational setting
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Culturally sensitive to the target population
• Ability to work well with other Educators, department leadership, and volunteers
• Ability to lead groups of students in different activities: crafts, enrichment activities, or P.E.
• Ability to tutor students, grade K-12, in all subjects
• Experience working with special needs children desired
• Must successfully complete the DOJ fingerprint testing and show proof of TB clearance
• Must be First Aid and CPR certified
• Must meet the minimum qualifications for an instructional aide, pursuant to policies of the school district by having a teaching credential or passing the district Instructional Assistant Test
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.htm