Construction Site Superintendent
People’s Self-Help Housing, a nationally recognized non-profit of housing and community development is dedicated to improving the living conditions of low-income residents of the Central Coast. PSHHC is currently recruiting for a Construction Site Superintendent for new and rehab construction projects located in the Central Coast.
Reporting to the Construction Director (CD), the Construction Site Superintendent (CSS) will oversee all construction activities at the project site in accordance with pre-established schedules, budgets, construction plans, specifications and procedures. The PSHHC Construction Department is responsible for all multi-family/senior rental housing construction activities. This is not for the PSHHC Home Ownership Department which builds single family home development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Participate in pre-construction conference with all sub-contractors to familiarize all with the project schedule, construction methods, company procedures and policies and quality standards.
• Review for accuracy all subcontractor monthly invoices submitted to Construction Administrator for payment. Ensure Change Order request terms and change order itemization forms are reasonable and that the work is properly executed. Initiate and prepare all back-charges to subcontractors as required.
• Conduct regular meetings with subcontractors regarding the project schedule and coordinate the activities to be accomplished.
• Coordinate Public Utility service providers in accordance with project schedules.
• Ensure the PSHHC safety rules, compliance requirements and quality standards are fully enforced and maintained at all times on the project.
• Maintain accurate as-built drawings of all changes in work and critical locations.
• Ensure the SWPPP is maintained and deficiencies are corrected.
• Maintain subcontractor daily Sign in Sheets and a Daily Log that includes subcontractors on site and personnel counts, record all conditions such as weather, job changes, materials, etc. that influence the work schedule, completion date or costs.
• Create and maintain a photo journal of job progress including all underground utilities.
Provide on-site supervision needed to:
• Clarify drawing dimensions and discrepancies
• Coordinate subcontractors to prevent obstruction or phasing problems
• Provide quality standards and reject improper installation
• Alert CD/Owner/Architect to potential design problems or unforeseen site conditions
• BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university in construction management/architecture or related field or equivalent experience.
• Must have full understanding and ability to work with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word. MS Project software is helpful.
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and have access to a reliable vehicle.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
This is a full time position (40 hours per week, 5 days per week).
Superior benefits, including employer paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation, Flexible Spending Account, Holidays and Sick Time, in addition to an excellent supportive staff and work environment.
To APPLY, send resume and application to:
-Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html