Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHH) is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Communications Coordinator to protect, manage and promote the mission, philosophy and brand of People’s Self-Help Housing
With a mission to build affordable homes, with site-based services that offer opportunities to change lives and strengthen communities, Peoples’ Self-Help Housing is the largest nonprofit developer on California’s Central Coast. We serve low income working families, farmworkers, seniors and veterans and provide welcoming environments for those living with disabilities and for the formerly homeless. Along with building and managing beautiful and accessible neighborhoods in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties, we offer a broad array of programs to promote health, education and connections to community-based resources.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week, 5 days per week).
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
• Coordinate and execute and communication objectives as set by supervisor.
• Participate in creating and maintaining brand awareness through traditional and social media.
• Monitor materials for consistent internal and external use, including document templates, graphics, language, tone, fonts, etc.
• Directly manage social media and industry membership accounts.
• Prepare pre and post event, award and general press releases
• Maintain relationships with media, advertising agencies, print services, and public relations firms
• Design and produce corporate and project specific proposals, presentations brochures, reports and maintain bank of image files.
• Prepare monthly status reports on all communications efforts.
• Provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external connections to meet high quality expectations and standards.
• Manage the content and export of newsletters and other publications.
• Maintain regular involvement and collaboration with Event Coordinator.
• Execute other related business duties as judgment dictates or as assigned by Supervisor
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
• Possess problem solving skills
• Exceptional written/verbal communication skills, Spanish language skills desired
• Organized, detail oriented and focused, especially under pressure and with distractions and interruptions.
• InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and WordPress experience essential, MS Office proficient preferred.
• Strong social media platform knowledge
• Ability to diplomatically and collaboratively work in fast-paced team setting
• Proven ability to treat pertinent information with confidentiality
• Familiar with office procedures and policies
• Ability to manage mass mailings and appropriately use office systems
• Ability to collaborate with personnel in an effective, professional, respectful manner
• Ability to work and maintain relationships with a wide range of consultants and business partners
• Previous marketing, communication and systems management experience required.
• Graphic design and social media experience imperative.
• Public Relations, Marketing/Communications degree; experience in lieu of a related degree accepted.
• Must possess a valid CA driver’s license, proof of insurance and have access to a reliable vehicle.
• Some bending, walking, lifting, pushing/pulling. Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html