Santa Maria Community Impact Measurement Survey
Peoples’ Self-Help Housing is seeking volunteers to help facilitate our Santa Maria Community Impact Measurement Survey. The goal of this project is to quantify our community impact and compare it to data collected in 2013. We will accomplish this by gathering information affecting local populations such as road quality, neighborhood safety, and access to resources. Our volunteer team will survey Santa Maria residents near Blosser Road from 3pm to 7pm on Saturday, May 6 and from 4pm to 7:30pm on Tuesday, May 9. We are looking for outgoing individuals to speak with residents and/or volunteers to observe conditions and collect data. All volunteers will work in a team environment. PSHH will provide lunch, a volunteer t-shirt, reusable water bottles, and all the necessary training and supplies. To apply, please click the graphic below, and check the box for the Community Impact Measurement Survey.
Volunteers are critical for the work we do, and PSHH has a variety of opportunities available:
- Youth Education and Programming: Volunteers can assist with after-school tutoring and literacy programs, as chaperones on field trips, or by teaching skills building classes.
- Companionship Cohort: Volunteers can visit with seniors and participate in community activities or help with easy tasks around the house such as with laundry or taking the trash out.
- Event Staff: Volunteers are always needed for special events and fundraisers, performing general clerical work and other short-term or one-time support.
- Mentoring: Local professionals and educators are encouraged to join our network of volunteer mentors to help guide our high school students through college and professional preparation.
- Construction: Volunteers can assist owner/builders with construction tasks such as framing, painting, landscaping, etc.in the Self-Help Housing program.
Volunteers are needed during the following days/hours:
- Non-Construction Volunteers: Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30 p.m. (variable)
- Construction Volunteers: Saturday-Sunday 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Who can volunteer?
- High School students: Earn Community Service Hours by volunteering with PSHH.
- College/University students: Earn Academic Credit (and have fun at the same time) by volunteering in one of our programs.
- Seniors, parents, and professionals: Make a positive change in a young person's life - discover the rewards of teaching and working with youth!
- Business and Clubs: Give your employees and members an opportunity to "Pay it Forward."