The Duncan Group is currently seeking a hands-on, team-oriented Maintenance Supervisor with a can-do attitude!
It is one of the largest management companies on the Central Coast, our mission is to ensure that our residents live in a quality apartment community they can be proud of. Our team accomplishes this by delivering optimal customer service and creating a safe and inviting home.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be based out of either San Luis Obispo County or Santa Barbara County. The success of the company is dependent upon the satisfaction of our residents. Our devoted staff maintains direct involvement in managing each of our properties and tending to their needs.
The MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (“MS”) is responsible for ongoing maintenance, oversight of repairs, coordination of maintenance crew’s work, and development and implementation of Preventative Maintenance Plans at the properties assigned to the MS. This is a supervisory position, coordinating maintenance activities in a specific geographical region, under the terms and conditions of the property management agreement between the “Owner” (Peoples’ Self-Help Housing Corporation) and the “Property Manager,” the Duncan Group, including, but not limited to the following:
The MS will receive direct supervision from the Regional Facilities Manager who will prepare said employee’s annual performance review and will receive technical support from the Chief Operating Officer, Asset Manager, Portfolio Managers and PSHHC General Contractors who may be assigned from time-to-time to assist Maintenance Staff.
The Maintenance Supervisor (“MS”) will supervise and manage the roving maintenance crew under his direction consisting of 4-7 maintenance workers. The MS will prioritize work orders and provide peer support, training and mentoring to the other Maintenance workers under his/her direction. The MS will help to identify training opportunities for the Maintenance Crew and will schedule staff time to accommodate trainings when feasible.
• Responsible for site safety, cleanliness and curb appeal of assigned sites.
• Coordinate and prioritize work requests with Property Managers and Portfolio Managers
• Develop and implement Preventative Maintenance Plans for each site under your supervision.
• Schedule direct reports and ensure proper coverage at all assigned properties
• Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, Duncan Group policy and procedure for all direct reports
• Coordinate the creation of a centralized Tool and Supply inventory
• Act as after-hours emergency calling service contact for assigned properties
• Develop cost-containment measures to reduce maintenance expenses
• Occasionally perform basic maintenance duties for PSHHC/TDG properties assigned to the MS
• Process maintenance work orders through completion, including sign-off by resident manager and tenant as necessary. Ensure resident manager records or places completed work orders in unit maintenance file
• Conduct annual unit inspections for all assigned properties
• Oversee all company owned laundry equipment to ensure it is in operable and in good working condition.
• Attend required Property Management and Staff meetings and trainings
• Other duties and tasks as assigned
o Because property management is a dynamic business, the MS must be available for any other reasonable task assigned by the Portfolio Manager, Director of Property Management, or Chief Operating Officer.
• Must have a valid CA driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and provide proof of adequate insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Familiar and comfortable using Microsoft Outlook, Yardi, Word and Excel software.
• Three+ years residential building maintenance experience
• Ability to assess and prioritize work requests to determine daily schedule
• Familiar with all aspects of residential building maintenance
• Sensitivity to tenants in a supportive housing environment
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to supervise and manage staff with diverse work histories and life experiences
• Ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) with building management staff and tenants
• Available for major building system emergencies after hours if necessary
Qualified applicants should send a PSHHC application and resume with salary requirement to: PSHHC, Attn: HR – Job-CAA5, 3533 Empleo St., San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 or fax 544-1901. Application can be downloaded at: http://www.pshhc.org/employment.html